Turning in Texas 2018
- Jun 16, 2018
- Cedar Park, Texas, United States
- 2300 S Bell Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 78613
The competition will be held in the Magee Lodge Dining Hall at YMCA Camp Twin Lakes
- Timothy Goh and Zachary White
- WCA Delegate
- Zachary White
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 70 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
Please follow all instructions or else your registration may be delayed.
- Click on the Register tab on the left side of the screen.
- To complete your registration you MUST pre-pay.
- In 48 hours, if you do NOT see your name on the competitors list (the tab on the left side of the screen thay says "Competitors") then please send an email to the contact on the General Info tab. Failure to do any of these steps may result in a delay in registration.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Azhar Virani won with an average of 8.92 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Mahith Bandi finished second (9.83) and Sumeet Agarwal finished third (10.18).
|3x3x3 Cube||Azhar Virani||8.52||8.92||United States||9.38||10.09||8.55||8.84||8.52|
|5x5x5 Cube||Mahith Bandi||1:00.64||1:02.74||United States||1:09.25||1:03.61||1:00.64||1:03.44||1:01.18|
|6x6x6 Cube||Mahith Bandi||1:52.02||1:59.93||United States||2:04.67||1:52.02||2:03.09|
|7x7x7 Cube||Mahith Bandi||2:42.24||2:52.14||United States||2:57.33||2:42.24||2:56.86|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Timothy Goh||33.26||DNF||United States||33.26||DNF||DNF|
|Clock||Carter Brown||9.86||12.87||United States||13.66||12.25||DNF||9.86||12.71|
|Megaminx||Zachary White||56.39||1:07.09||United States||1:08.35||1:01.75||1:15.28||1:11.16||56.39|
|Skewb||Riley Norrid||3.23||5.10||United States||6.21||DNF||4.33||3.23||4.77|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Timothy Goh||2:27.41||DNF||United States||2:27.41||2:33.28||DNF|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Timothy Goh||7:10.59||DNF||United States||7:10.59||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Timothy Goh||54.40||59.14||United States||1:03.88||57.84||55.71||54.40||DNF|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||6:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||15:00.00 cumulative *|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 6 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:00:00.00 cumulative *|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:00:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
^ Links to come.
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor tutorial at 12:30PM.
- Please bring some form of identification. This will be used to verify your name, birthday, and nationality. (something like a passport or school ID).
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors on to the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area whenever your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call. On the Group Sheet, you may notice that you have a group as well as a Judging(J), Running(R), Scrambling(S), or Data(D) assignment. If this is the case, then the group you are competing in will have no letter next to it. The Group that you are working will have the letter next to it (i.e. 2J would mean you are judging in Group 2). Please either judge or find someone to take your judging place when you are scheduled to judge. If all the judging stations are full, then don't worry, come help out a little later. You may see that you may have a job in an event that you are not competing in. Please try to help out as much as possible, especially during these times!
- Shortly following the new competitor introduction at 12:30PM, we will also hold a judging tutorial at this time. All competitors should attend this tutorial. If you are a parent and would like to be entertained for the duration of the day, judging would be a great option for you!
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) for all final rounds. If you are not present when a final starts, you will be withdrawn from that final.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from the parents. This would require either being present at the judging tutorial or to have someone teach you how to judge later in the day. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegate for this competition is Zachary White and your organizer is Timothy Goh. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
Room Details: The competition will take place in the Magee Lodge Dining Hall
All Information on this tab regarding Cutoffs, Time Limits, Proceeding Competitors, and Number of Rounds are approximations and will be updated 1 week before the competition.
|Event||Format||Round||Cutoff Time||Time Limit||Competitors|
|3x3x3 Cube||Ao5||Round 1||10:00|
|Round 2||10:00||Top 32|
|5x5x5 Cube||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Final||2:00||3:00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Bo1 / Mo3||Combined Final||4:00||6:00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Bo1 / Mo3||Combined Final||5:30||10:00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Bo3||Final||15:00 Cumulative|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Round 1||2:00||3:00|
|Megaminx (Tentative)||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Final||2:00||3:00|
|Skewb||Bo2 / Ao5||Combined Round 1||0:30||1:00|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Bo3||Final||60:00 Cumulative w/ 5BLD|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Bo3||Final||60:00 Cumulative w/ 4BLD|
Format- Ao5 = Average of 5 (where the best and worst solves are not counted in the average), Mo3 = Mean of 3, Bo3 = Best of 3, Bo2 = Best of 2, Bo1 = Best of 1
Cutoff- Rounds with a cutoff will have an additional best of 2 (best of 1 for 6x6 and 7x7) format where competitors will have 2 attempts to achieve a time under the cutoff. If the comeptitor does then they will be awarded more attempts to compelete the average.
Cumulative Limit(C)- The total time allowed for all attempts combined.
Time Limit - Any attempt in the round exceeding this time will be awarded a DNF. For "WCA" Time limits, it is dependent on the regulations for that event.
The Number of Competitors moving on to the subsequent rounds may change based on if the competition is ahead or behind schedule.
For 4x4x4 Blindfolded and 5x5x5 Blindfolded, a competitor has a cumulative time limit of 1 hour to complete all attempts.
|9:30 - 10:30||4x4 Blindfolded / 5x5 Blindfolded Combined Finals|
|10:30 - 11:15||3x3 With Feet Combined Round 1|
|11:15 - 12:00||3x3 Blindfolded Final|
|12:00 - 12:30||Lunch / 3x3 With Feet Final|
|12:30 - 12:45||New Competitor Tutorial|
|12:45 - 1:45||3x3 Round 1|
|1:45 - 2:45||5x5 Combined Final|
|2:45 - 3:30||Skewb Combined Round 1|
|3:30 - 4:30||Clock Round 1|
|4:30 - 5:00||3x3 Round 2|
|5:00 - 5:45||6x6 Combined Final|
|5:45 - 6:15||Clock Final|
|6:15 - 7:00||7x7 Combined Final|
|7:00 - 7:15||Skewb Final|
|7:15 - 7:30||3x3 Final|
|7:30 - 7:45||Awards/Clean-Up|
If the competition runs far enough ahead, we will be adding a Megaminx Combined Final sometime during the day
For 4x4x4 Blindfolded and 5x5x5 Blindfolded, a competitor has a cumulative time of 1 hour to complete all attempts.
We will revise the Schedule 1 week prior to the competition to reflect the number of people competing.
All times are tentative and subject to change if we are ahead or behind schedule.
We may add rounds of events if we run far ahead of schedule.
Thecubicle.us will be sponsoring this competition!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.