Texas BarbeCubing 2022
- Sep 10 - 11, 2022
- Georgetown, Texas, United States
Berry Creek Country Club
- 30500 Berry Creek Dr, Georgetown, Texas 78628
Berry Creek Ballroom (upstairs)
- Anshu Chennuru, Azhar Virani, and Ryan Pilat
- WCA Delegates
- Calvin Nielson, Chris Deng, and Vincent Chen
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
- Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 60 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $26 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators are only permitted as companions of competitors.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax. Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor's list until Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT.
We will not be accepting event changes during the competition. If you wish to change which events you are registered for, please contact the organization team prior to Tuesday, August 30, 2022, 7:00 PM CDT.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Azhar Virani won with an average of 8.09 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Ryan Pilat finished second (8.22) and Dylan Baumbach finished third (8.49).
|3x3x3 Cube||Azhar Virani||7.89||8.09||United States||7.89||8.08||8.06||8.14||9.14|
|2x2x2 Cube||Tucker Chamberlain||1.80||1.96||United States||1.88||3.20||1.80||1.96||2.05|
|4x4x4 Cube||Ryan Pilat||28.19||30.35||United States||30.77||35.36||28.95||28.19||31.34|
|5x5x5 Cube||Zachary White||57.15||58.98||United States||1:01.51||57.61||1:01.43||57.15||57.90|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Fletcher Berry||24.91||DNF||United States||24.91||27.73||DNF|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Zachary White||31||31.33||United States||31||31||32|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Ryan Pilat||10.51||12.90||United States||10.51||10.63||12.19||23.73||15.89|
|Clock||Caleb Trelford||3.87||4.12||United States||4.06||4.03||4.28||DNF||3.87|
|Square-1||Dylan Baumbach||5.76||6.42||United States||5.88||7.21||5.76||6.17||8.26|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Ryan Pilat||3:12.66||DNF||United States||DNF||3:12.66||DNF|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 24 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||3:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:15.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||40:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 3x3x3 Blindfolded First round **||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 25.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||2:00.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||40:00.00 total for 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final and 3x3x3 Blindfolded First round **|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Berry Creek Country Club.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (September 10, 2022)
Schedule for Sunday (September 11, 2022)
Group Sheet: https://bit.ly/3DdCUQQ
Live Results: https://live.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/1415
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- Your delegates for this competition are Calvin Nielson, Vincent Chen and Chris Deng. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Room Details: The competition will be held in the Berry Creek Ballroom, which is upstairs.
Parking: There is parking next to the venue.
Lunch: The competition will take place at a country club, which serves food. There are also several restaurants near the venue. Here are the closest restaurants.
Hotels: There are several hotels near the venue. Here are the closest hotels.
Travel: The nearest major airport is the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, which is ~40 minutes away from the venue.
This competition is sponsored by TheCubicle! They will be providing gift cards to the podium.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced across rounds (see Guideline A1a2++).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.