SacCubing XII 2022
- Aug 20, 2022
- Carmichael, California, United States
- 5325 Engle Rd # 100, Carmichael, CA 95608
John Smith Community Hall
- Chris Martin
- WCA Delegates
- Antonio Kam Ho Tung (甘浩東), Calvin Nielson, Chris Martin, Mitchell Lane, and Ryan Jew
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Registration is closed and the waitlist is full.
SacCubing returns with our 12th iteration! Make sure to sign up early to reserve your spot!
All donations are appreciated and will go towards things such as venue fees, supplies and other competition expenses.
Registrants will be accepted in the order that they pay, not the order that they register. Please be patient with us as we manually accept all eligible competitors.
Competitors may only bring one guest maximum.
Spectators who are not associated with a registered competitor will NOT be permitted to enter the venue.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 150 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $25 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Spectators are only permitted as companions of competitors.
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- After registering, click on "Pay your fees via card". To complete your registration you MUST pre-pay. You will receive an email saying your registration has been approved once your registration has been accepted. This means you are on the competitor list.
- Failure to do any of these steps may result in a delay in registration.
- If you have registered and are no longer able to attend, please let us know as it will open up a spot for another competitor. You can request a 50% refund before registration closes.
- After August 13th, at 8:59 PM PST, no refunds will be awarded.
- Competitors may request (by email) to be added to more events BEFORE 8:59 PM PST on August 13th.
- Competitors may request (by email) to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee as normal. Competitors will be emailed when a competitor drops and their spot is available; once they respond, they will be accepted from the waitlist.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist will receive a full refund shortly before the event.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after registration closes at 8:59 PM PST on August 13th.
All competitors must be available to judge/run/scramble for the competition as per Regulation 1e2 and 1f2. All competitors will be expected to help by judging or running for any event they are doing. Nametags will be handed out with all the information regarding what groups you will be competing in and what groups you will be helping in. If you are not competing in an event, you will not be assigned to help during that event.
In a catastrophic event where the event will be compromised and cancelled, a full refund shall be offered to all competitors
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Max Park won with an average of 5.51 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Varun Mohanraj finished second (7.12) and Cameron Miller finished third (8.66).
|3x3x3 Cube||Max Park||4.40||5.51||United States||5.63||4.40||5.33||5.63||5.57|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Antonio Kam Ho Tung (甘浩東)||24.12||DNF||Hong Kong||DNF||24.12||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Max Park||7.30||9.24||United States||8.92||9.48||9.74||7.30||9.31|
|Megaminx||Nicolas Harper||46.10||48.13||United States||50.12||46.10||53.53||47.18||47.09|
|Pyraminx||Aaron Paskow||2.15||2.78||United States||2.73||2.41||3.20||2.15||5.70|
|Skewb||Cameron Miller||2.57||3.61||United States||2.57||3.32||2.80||6.53||4.71|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 92 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:15.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue La Sierra Community Center.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Los_Angeles.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (August 20, 2022)
Our competitor limit of 150 competitors has been met. Every registered and paid competitor up until this point will be placed on the waitlist, shown here. If a registered competitor must cancel their registration, the first person on the waitlist will be added to the list of approved competitors. Waitlisted competitors are eligible to be added to the waitlist up until August 13th, 2:59 Pacific.
The waitlist is as follows (last names have been truncated for privacy):
Evan M. River L.
- Alex P.
- Sebastian E.
- Ender R.
- Brian Z.
- Jermaine L.
- Luca M.
- Bradley D.
- Vladimir C.
- Michael T.
- Candace A.
- Atiksh M.
- Sanil A.
- Brandon H.
- Aarav D.
- Lucio B.
- May M.
- Levi F.
- Priyank S.
- Vividh S.
- Reshanthan A.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
Before the competition, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event in an email. We will be relying on competitors to help by judging whenever they are not competing, especially with our small competition size. Judging is very easy, and is a great way to make time fly!
We will provide a judging and competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day, right before the start of 3x3, which will also overview our new procedures. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help.
We will need help judging for the second/final rounds of events as we can not assign staff for those in advance. Spectators are encouraged to learn how to judge; you do not need to know how to cube in order to be a great judge. Having enough judges ensures that we stay on schedule and are able to leave on time.
Due to ongoing circumstances, the organizing team is enforcing restrictions during the competition which will impact the running of the competition. Here are the most important changes.
1. Masks will not be required to be worn, but will still be recommended, especially for those who are or live with people who are vulnerable to COVID-19.
2. Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
3. The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve the full dose of the COVID-19 vaccination, as well as the COVID-19 booster shot, before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged for those who are eligible.
4. Competitors will only be allowed to bring ONE guest to the competition. The first three rules apply to the guest as well as the competitor.
5. We encourage competitors to bring their own pen to the competition.
6. When not competing, competitors and spectators should attempt to socially distance whenever possibly by keeping 3 feet away from others. We also encourage you not to share puzzles with other competitors.
7. After every attempt, rather than the judge putting the puzzle in the cover, the competitor is asked to put the cube into the cover at the end of the attempt. The judge will only put in the scorecard.
8. Officials and staff will be following special procedures to continue to lower chance of transmission of COVID-19, such as utilizing sanitizer frequently and distancing. Hand sanitizer will be available for competitors and staff for those who need/want it.
Additional rules may be added as deemed necessary by the organizers, the WCA Board, or the Sacramento or California government.
By registering for this competition you agree that you understand and will follow all the information listed above.
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of any age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know, however, it is still required that they are familar with the full set of regulations above.
If you have any questions after this video, we will be having a new competitor tutorial the morning of the competition. That would be the perfect time to ask those questions and clear up any confusion.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the registration tab, click register, and fill out the information it asks for. This will help you get set up the WCA's system and one step closer to your first official solve!
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: What is the competition like?
A; Competitions are a bunch of tables where nerds like us get to sit and discuss our favorite thing, Cubes! Of course in addition there is competing, which will occupy one side of the competition hall, where you will see lots of timers flickering with contestants new personal bests, and a vendor, where you can purchase all you cubing related needs. Most competitions have a break for lunch, and the competing is split up into heats, as to better organize who competes when. (Check the Groups tab and listen at the competition for more info on this.)
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to https://live.worldcubeassociation.org to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about 2nd and 3rd rounds of events.
Q: Why am I not on the registration list yet?
A: Make sure you pay you entrance fee in order to be eligible to be placed on the registered list, which will also guarantee you a spot in the competition. If the competitor list is full, you will be placed onto a private waitlist, which is listed in the oder of when competitors pay. Note that in order to be on either the registered list or the waitlist, you must pay your entrance fee. If you are not advanced from the waitlist before registration closes, you will be issued a full refund. If payment may be any issue, or you are not sure if you can attend, use the contact button to talk to us, and see if we can work out another payment strategy, or have you pay on arrival at the compeition. No matter what you situation may be however, please register online. It is much easier for us to have you register now and pay later, then to have to input information at another time.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All cometitors compete in the same group.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
The address for the competition is at the following:
5325 Engle Rd # 100
Carmichael, CA 95608
The closest airport is Sacramento International Airport, which is a 30 minute drive away. If you happen to be flying over to Sacramento, do consider booking a hotel room or AirBnB.
La Sierra Community Center offers free parking for any event goer. Please make sure to park on the south parking lot along Engle Road, as the competing rooms will be along that parking lot.
SacCubing X 2021 will not be providing food for the general competitors. There is a plethora of various food establishments east on Fair Oaks Blvd, including Taco Bell, California Burrito, Noah's NY Bagels, Jimboy's Tacos, Adalberto's Mexican Food, McDonalds, D'Miller's Famous BBQ, La Bou Bakery & Cafe, and Burger King, just to name a few.
This competition is sponsored by TheCubicle! You can check out their website here -> https://thecubicle.com
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.