SNU Open 2018
- Apr 7 - 8, 2018
- Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India
Shiv Nadar University
- NH91, Tehsil Dadri, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh - 201314
TT Hall, Indoor Sports Complex
- SNU Open 2018 website
- Organization team
- Capital Cubing and The Mathematics Society, SNU
- WCA Delegates
- Akash Rupela and Ujjawal Pabreja
Online Registrations Close on 31st March, 2018. On the Spot Registration is Available but pre-registration on WCA website is mandatory by 31st March even for on the spot registration. Visit Registration and Payment Tab for Details.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Ujjawal Pabreja won with an average of 7.50 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Arnav Arora finished second (7.83) and Aryan Chhabra finished third (8.52).
|3x3x3 Cube||Ujjawal Pabreja||7.10||7.50||NR||India||7.31||8.01||7.17||8.66||7.10|
|2x2x2 Cube||Arnav Arora||1.20||2.03||India||2.57||1.20||2.51||1.78||1.81|
|4x4x4 Cube||Ujjawal Pabreja||33.07||34.43||India||35.22||35.92||33.07||34.60||33.48|
|5x5x5 Cube||Jeremy Singson||1:00.40||1:04.17||India||1:06.27||1:04.69||1:03.83||1:00.40||1:03.98|
|6x6x6 Cube||Jeremy Singson||1:50.39||1:57.82||NR||India||1:50.39||2:03.65||1:59.41|
|7x7x7 Cube||Aryan Chhabra||3:26.16||3:39.61||India||3:56.33||3:36.33||3:26.16|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Shivam Bansal||27.86||DNF||India||29.00||DNF||27.86|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Acchyut Jolly||33||India||33|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Arnav Arora||11.06||13.96||India||15.12||13.06||14.70||14.11||11.06|
|Megaminx||Hargun Singh Tikku||55.27||59.92||India||57.41||1:03.76||1:01.86||55.27||1:00.48|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Acchyut Jolly||17:07.00||DNF||India||DNF||DNF||17:07.00|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Shivam Bansal||8:26.62||DNF||India||8:26.62||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Shivam Bansal||43/48 59:00||India||43/48 59:00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Dhruv Arora||34.30||42.93||India||41.73||57.04||44.77||34.30||42.28|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:30.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||7:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Mo3||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 6:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Mo3||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 8:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||20:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Bo1||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||7:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||40:00.00 cumulative *|
|5x5x5 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||1:00:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 5:30.00|
A base fee of ₹150 and an additional fee of ₹50 per event is applicable till 14th February, after which it will increase as shown below. For example, if you compete in three events, your fees is ₹150 + (3 x ₹50 )= ₹300.
|Date||Base Fee (₹)||Event Fee (₹)||Free for SNU Students|
|Upto 14 February||150||50||Yes|
|15 Feb - 31 March||250||50||Yes|
|On the Spot Registration||350||50||No|
Note : Registration is free for SNU Students. Not Available for On the Spot Registration.
Steps to Register
- Register on the WCA website.
- Pay the registration fee through Cubelelo.
- SNU students need to register at this link in addition to the WCA website instead of making a payment.
- Wait upto 48 hours for your name to appear in list of registered participants.
- Your name will continue to appear in the waiting list if you do not make a payment but register on the WCA website. Your name being in waiting list does not mean you need to wait to pay.
- Online Registration closes on 31st March, 2018, 23:59 IST.
On the Spot Registration
- This will be available from 9:00 to 10:00 am on 7th April.
- A base fees of ₹350 and additional fees of ₹50 per event is applicable. (i.e. ₹100 more than online fees)
- Payment for this will be done on the spot.
- This is mainly for those who forget to register in due time. If you are facing problems with online payment, please write to us and we will be happy to assist you.
- Pre-registration on WCA website by 31st March is Mandatory.
1) This schedule may be modified by organisers during the competition under unexpected circumstances. Make sure to pay attention to announcements during the competition.
2) In events with Avg of 5 format, any of the first two solves should be below the cutoff time for the competitor to get all five solves otherwise the competitor gets only 2 solves. In case of Mean of 3 format the first solve should be below the cutoff time.
3) After the time limit is crossed, the attempt is stopped and is awarded “DNF” [Did Not Finish].
4) Introduction Session is compulsary for all first-time participants.
- Please contact the organizers if you want paid accommodation in guest rooms inside SNU campus.
- There are mamy hotels in greater noida from which you can travel daily to the venue.
- For homestay accommodation with a local cuber, please drop a mail to email@example.com
- You can go to the canteen/mess in the campus and have proper meals : Breakfast (7-9 AM), Lunch (12-3 PM), Dinner (7-10 PM). There will also be snacks stalls adjacent to the venue during the day.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.