Rocky Top 2019
- Dec 7 - 8, 2019
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
- 1870 Sports World Blvd Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- Jacob Ambrose
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, Joshua Feran, and Katie Hull
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
If there is extra time during the competition, a second round of One-Handed (top-12) will be added. If more additional time is avaliable, a second round of Square-1 (top-8) will be added.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foreign country and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
All competitor emails will be provided to PSE Event Housing to recieve exclusive lodging oportunities.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will receive a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
Staff members will have a waived registration fee. Please contact the organizers if you are interested.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Luke Garrett won with an average of 6.62 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Daniel Mullen finished second (8.96) and Zachary Ochs finished third (9.36).
|3x3x3 Cube||Luke Garrett||5.73||6.62||United States||6.88||6.00||5.73||6.97||14.10|
|2x2x2 Cube||Luke Garrett||2.38||2.82||United States||2.38||2.45||2.76||3.26||4.17|
|4x4x4 Cube||Katie Hull||28.63||32.63||United States||33.56||35.27||32.47||28.63||31.87|
|5x5x5 Cube||Katie Hull||55.35||1:00.54||United States||1:03.51||1:00.28||1:08.18||55.35||57.83|
|6x6x6 Cube||Katie Hull||1:53.62||1:56.83||United States||1:53.62||1:54.99||2:01.88|
|7x7x7 Cube||Katie Hull||3:00.19||3:04.48||United States||3:03.33||3:00.19||3:09.92|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Riley Woo||28.90||DNF||United States||DNF||28.90||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Luke Garrett||11.30||13.96||United States||13.58||11.30||14.22||14.71||14.07|
|Clock||Silas Starling||5.45||6.67||United States||7.15||6.39||6.46||8.65||5.45|
|Pyraminx||Joshua Feran||3.71||4.40||United States||4.48||4.94||3.71||14.64||3.78|
|Skewb||Tyler Buel||4.02||4.58||United States||4.98||4.55||4.21||5.42||4.02|
|Square-1||Zachary Ochs||6.92||8.46||United States||8.04||6.92||12.04||9.05||8.28|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Raymond Goslow||30.63||34.29||United States||32.41||34.28||36.19||30.63||39.83|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 54 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 6:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||6:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 9 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 With Feet||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:30.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||6:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Rocky Top Sports World.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/New_York.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (December 07, 2019)
Schedule for Sunday (December 08, 2019)
Important Links (to come soon)
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
- Your delegates for this competition are Jacob Ambrose and Katie Hull. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 9:15am Saturday. If you won't be there on Saturday then please ask a staff member whenever you arrive to give you a rundown of how the competing process will work.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Rocky Top Sports World
1870 Sports World Blvd
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
The competition will be held in The Rock.
We will be using 2 of the basket ball courts. in the main gym.
Parking is $5.00 a day per car. It is conviently located near the building. Attendants will point you in the correct direction.
Please book hotels through this link https://pse.tournamenthotels.com/pse/Event/3486. PSE Event Housing will also be sending an email to the competitors.
Using this link will help the competition! Please book early as it's a busy weekend in Gatlinbrg.
The Cubicle.com will be the sponsor of this competition. They will provide gift card codes to the podium!
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.