Ohio State Expo Open 2022
- Apr 1 - 3, 2022
- Columbus, Ohio, United States
Friday: Ohio Union Senate Chamber, Saturday/Sunday: Rhodes Center
- 1739 N. High Street, Columbus, Ohio 43210, 717 E 17th Ave, Columbus, OH 43211
Senate Chamber is located on the second floor of the Ohio Union, Rhodes Center is located at the Ohio Expo Center
- Organization team
- Braden Richards, Mason Langenderfer, and Steve Greer
- WCA Delegates
- Carter Kucala, James Quinn, Lauren Phung, Mason Langenderfer, Stephen Griggs, Walker Welch, and Zachary Garber
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Day 1 (April 1st) will be located in the Senate Chamber of the Ohio Union. The Senate Chamber is on the west side of the second floor next to the Archie M Griffin West Ballroom. If you need help locating the Senate Chamber, there is a help desk on the first floor, as well as multiple maps around the building.
Days 2 and 3 (April 2nd and 3rd) will be located in the East Auditorium of the Rhodes Center at the Ohio Expo Center. A map of the expo center will be provided in the Travel tab.
Day 1: 3x3x3 Fewest Moves
Day 2: 5x5x5 Cube, 6x6x6 Cube, 7x7x7 Cube, 3x3x3 Blindfolded, 3x3x3 One-Handed, Clock, Megaminx, Square-1, Face-Turning Octahedron, Mirror Blocks
Day 3: 3x3x3 Cube, 2x2x2 Cube, 4x4x4 Cube, Pyraminx, Skewb
Due to venue constraints, we will be enforcing a competitor limit of 38 for 3x3x3 Fewest Moves on a first come, first serve basis.
Competitors may bring at most one guest. This will be checked at the entrance of the competition.
All attendees (competitors + guests) must show valid proof of at least one of the following two requirements to be allowed in the venue:
1) They are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To clarify, an individual is only considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or their only dose of a single-dose vaccine (J&J) more than two weeks before the competition. Any dose received after Friday, March 18th is insufficient for entrance to the competition.
2) They tested negative for COVID-19 within 96 hours (4 days) of the competition. The date when the test is conducted is what matters, not the date when the results are received. Any test conducted earlier than Monday, March 28th is insufficient for entrance to the competition.
Refund Information: Due to venue financial requirements, no refunds will be issued after March 3rd, 2022 unless there are extreme circumstances. These circumstances include the following: **
* **Competitor contracts COVID-19 within 14 days of the competition and must withdraw
* Other Injury or Sickness that would prevent the competitor from attending
* Competition as a whole is cancelled
* Any specific excuse deemed acceptable by an organizer or delegate
We understand that some may need to cancel their registration after the refund date due to unforseen events or circumstances; however, due to financial constraints, we will only be refunding competitors if they meet one of the previously mentioned conditions. We thank you for your understanding.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $50 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
If you are interested in being a staff member for this competition, please fill out the staff application located in the "Staff Application" tab. If your staff application is accepted, you will be required to help out in multiple groups and events with various responsibilities, including but not limited to Scrambling, Entering Data, Running, and overall keeping an eye on the flow of the competition. In addition, your registration fee will be recuded from $50 to $35. We will only be accepting a limited number of staff due to budget restrictions.
Members of The Rubik's Cube Club at Ohio State (OSCC) will be able to participate in this competition for a reduced registration fee ($25). If you are a member of The Rubik's Cube Club at Ohio State, register for the competition as normal and pay the full registration fee to be accepted. Your registration will not be accepted if the full fee is not paid. Once accepted, please contact the Organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org with your OSU name.####. Once verified, half of your registration will be refunded.
If you an Ohio State University student but are not a member of The Rubik's Cube Club at Ohio State, you can contact the Organizers at the email previously listed to join the club. You must be listed as a club member on the roster before March 1st, 2022 in order to have your registration fee reduced.
If you paid but do not see your name on the registration list, please wait 48 hours prior to emailing the organizational team. Despite the use of the Stripe payment system, organizers still have to manually move competitors to the approved competitor list following payment.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Luke Garrett won with an average of 6.99 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Phillip Lewicki finished second (7.01) and Brian Johnson finished third (7.18).