Northside Duology Part 1 2022
- Jan 7 - 8, 2022
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Northside Christian College
- 151 Flockton St Everton Park QLD
- Ming Dao Ting and Speedcubing Australia
- WCA Delegates
- Edward Hollingdale, Ethan Pride, Kerrie Jarman, and Patrick Kleverlaan
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This is a series competition with Northside Duology Part 2 2022. You may register for ONLY ONE competition in the series. If you register for both, your registration will only be accepted for one of the competitions. Please note that each competition has a different set of events.
If you feel sick, stay at home. If you are exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you will not be permitted in the venue. We are not responsible for any illness you may contract from the competition.
We are on Facebook and Instagram!
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $20 (Australian Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 100% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until on the Register tab.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Upon registering you will receive an email stating “Your registration for Northside Duology Part 1 2022 is submitted and pending approval”. This does NOT mean that you are on the registration list. Competitors will not be approved until payment has been made.
Please ensure you have paid the registration fees via Stripe on the register page. Your registration is not complete and will not be processed until you have paid the $20 registration fee. Contact the organisational team if you encounter an issue.
- Once the competitor limit of 100 has filled, the waiting list will be opened.
- You must pay the $20 registration fee to be added to the waiting list.
- New registrations will be added to a waitlist and sorted in the order of payment.
- Waitlisted competitors will only be added to the competition if an existing competitors withdraws.
- If you do not move off the waitlist you will be provided with a full refund.
- You may enquire about your position on the waiting list by contacting the organisational team.
- If you can no longer make the competition you may request a refund.
- Withdrawing enables us to maximise attendance and for competitors on the waiting list to attend.
- To receive a full refund you must contact the organisational team by 31/12/2021.
- Refunds will only be issued after this date if you are feeling unwell with COVID-19 symptoms or are awaiting a COVID test and can no longer attend the competition.
You may change the events you are registered for here up to 31/12/2021. After this date it is not possible to add events. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- Proof of vaccination (COVID-19 digital certificate) will be required upon entry for all competitors and guests aged 16 years and older. Proof of vaccination will only be accepted via Check In QLD app or mygov documentation.
- Face masks are recommended for all competitors and guests
- All competitors and guests must check-in using the QR code
- If you feel sick, stay at home. If you are exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you will not be permitted in the venue.
Communications from us:
- There will be important messages from the organisational team regarding your registration. Please ensure you whitelist our domain speedcubing.org.au in your email program.
- Once the competitor limit of 100 has filled, the waiting list will be opened.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Bryan Eng won with an average of 7.84 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. David Pearce finished second (8.99) and Lennon Hughes finished third (9.11).
|3x3x3 Cube||Bryan Eng||7.34||7.84||Australia||7.87||8.15||7.50||10.69||7.34|
|5x5x5 Cube||Bryan Eng||53.92||57.21||Australia||53.92||58.56||1:01.26||58.32||54.74|
|6x6x6 Cube||Bryan Eng||1:37.86||1:43.84||Australia||1:44.82||1:48.85||1:37.86|
|7x7x7 Cube||Bryan Eng||2:51.45||2:56.02||Australia||2:51.45||2:52.83||3:03.79|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Benjamin Paul||31.96||DNF||Australia||34.85||31.96||DNF|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Bryan Eng||11.90||13.02||Australia||13.38||15.07||13.31||12.38||11.90|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Daniel Venzke||11/12 54:55||Australia||11/12 54:55|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 32 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:20.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||6:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 7:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Final||Bo3||10:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|Clock||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 30.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00|
|Square-1||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||2:00.00||2 attempts to get < 35.00|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Northside Christian College.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Australia/Brisbane.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Friday (January 07, 2022)
Schedule for Saturday (January 08, 2022)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I compete in both Northside Duology Pt1 and Pt2?
No. These competitions are a series, meaning that you may only compete in one not both competitions. If you register for both we will only accept the competition that you paid for first. If you wish to swap, please register and pay for the other competition, notify us and we will delete your registration and refund your fees for the original competition.
Q. How can I change my events?
You may change your registered events on the Register tab. All changes must be done by 31/12/2021.
Q. What time should I arrive at the competition?
You should be at the venue ready to compete 30 minutes before you are scheduled. If you are new competitor there will be a tutorial at 3.20pm on Friday. Please note the schedule is subject to change on the day.
Q. How old do I have to be to compete?
Anyone can compete at any age! We encourage anyone considering to compete to register as it will be a great experience regardless of age.
Q. How fast do I have to be to compete?
To compete you only need to know how to solve the cube! Please check the events tab for information in time limits for each event.
Q. What do I need to know before the competition day?
Before attending you should have read and understood the WCA regulations . We also recommend that you watch this helpful competitor guide and read this competition tutorial. You should also know when your events are scheduled throughout the day.
Q. How do I find out if I've progressed to the second round?
Times will be uploaded through the day. Please allow up to an hour from finishing your solves to them being uploaded. After all the times of a round has been entered, you can see if you are in the following round.
Q. Who can I ask for help on the day?
Your Delegates for this competition are Kerrie Jarman, and Patrick Kleverlaan. Feel free to ask them any questions you may have on the day.
Q. Can I help on the day?
Of course! Throughout the day we will need judges and runners so please see our Delegates to ask how you can best assist.
Q. How do I find out about other upcoming competitions in Australia?
You can find out about upcoming competitions in Australia by signing up to the Speedcubing Australia mailing list.
Q. Where can I ask other questions?
The organisational team can answer all your questions.
Q. What COVID safety protocols will be in place?
The organisers have put together a COVID safety plan.
- Proof of vaccination (COVID-19 digital certificate) will be required upon entry for all competitors and guests above aged 16 years and older.
- Face masks are required for all competitors and guests
- There will be an increased focus on hand hygiene and maintaining social distancing, hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue.
- There will be an increased cleaning regime.
- All competitors and guests will need to checkin via the Check IN QLD app
You MUST NOT attend if you are:
- unwell with any COVID symptoms
- been directed to isolate by the Department of Health
- awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
Q. I am 16 years old. Do I have have to be vacccinated?
Yes. All competitors and guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated to attend the venue.
Q. Do I have to wear a face mask?
Yes, Face masks are required for all competitors and guests
Q. Can I bring my own face mask and/or hand sanitiser?
Yes, it is recommended that you bring your own face mask and hand sanitiser. Hand sanitiser will be provided at the venue.
Q. Can I still borrow some one else's puzzles?
We advise against sharing of puzzles.
Please make sure your puzzles are legal for competition, especially for events such as 3x3 blindfolded (no logos!). All of the information regarding cube legality can be found in the WCA Regulations. If you are unsure about this please don't hesitate to contact the organisers with any questions.
Q. Where can I ask other questions?
Please contact the organisational team.
Northside Christian College shares a campus with Nexus Church, and there is ample parking on site. The best place to park is Car Park 3 or 4, as shown on the map below.
The College Hall is located directly across from the foyer of Nexus Church. Entry is from the carpark side.
There are also several restaurants and shops at Northwest Plaza, 500m down the road on Flockton Street, including Pizza Hut, Subway and Coffee Club.
Live results will be provided via WCALive. It may take up to an hour between times being set and them appearing online.
The first rounds of all events will be run in pre-determined fixed seated groups. It is important that you know which groups of each event you are in.
A summary of groups can be found here . You can find an individual schedule here. Each competitor will be provided with a printed copy of their invididual group assignments at registration.
Throughout the competition we will also need LOTS of judges, runners and scramblers. All competitiors will need to do some judging at the bare minimum, usually in other groups of your events, the more events you do the more your will need to help out. If you don't know how to help please come and ask, there is almost always something for you to do.
If you have any questions about the groups please contact us here
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.