Metro Speedcubing Open 2019
- Jun 1 - 2, 2019
- San Mateo, Rizal, Philippines
- General Luna Avenue, San Mateo, Rizal
Mall Event Center
- Cel Adriane Lalo and John Edison Ubaldo (ᜇ᜔ᜌᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜁᜇᜒᜐᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜂᜊᜎ᜔ᜇᜓ︀)
- WCA Delegate
- Cel Adriane Lalo
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is organized in partnership with the mall management of SM City San Mateo.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 100 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is ₱250 (Philippine Peso).
Registration fees won't be refunded under any circumstance.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Base registration fee does not include any eligible event to compete in. Additional fees shall be added on the base registration fee according to events registered.
Event Amount 3x3x3 Cube 50.00php 2x2x2 Cube 50.00php 4x4x4 Cube 70.00php 5x5x5 Cube 70.00php 6x6x6 Cube 90.00php 7x7x7 Cube 90.00php 3x3x3 Fewest Moves 100.00php Pyraminx 50.00php Skewb 50.00php 3x3x3 Multi-Blind 100.00php
Here are the steps to secure your slots for the competition after finishing the WCA website registration:
1. Wait for an email regarding payment details.
2. Settle the registration fee as instructed on the email.
3. Submit the payment receipt as instructed via email.
4. Wait for the confirmation email from the organizer regarding your payment.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Sean Patrick Villanueva won with an average of 6.77 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Brenton Angelo Lo Wong finished second (7.35) and Robbie Villarica finished third (7.95).
|3x3x3 Cube||Sean Patrick Villanueva||5.59||6.77||Philippines||6.23||6.77||7.62||7.30||5.59|
|2x2x2 Cube||Gabriel Gaza||2.04||2.45||Philippines||2.96||2.04||3.16||2.18||2.22|
|4x4x4 Cube||Inigo Miguel B. Palisoc||30.15||33.70||Philippines||33.77||33.67||33.66||36.07||30.15|
|5x5x5 Cube||Richmond Mico Rigor||56.73||1:00.29||Philippines||1:04.54||1:01.69||57.75||56.73||1:01.44|
|6x6x6 Cube||Jaden Lim||1:44.72||1:48.65||NR||Philippines||1:49.62||1:44.72||1:51.62|
|7x7x7 Cube||Louie Jay Quibote||2:39.68||2:45.21||NR||Philippines||2:52.96||2:42.99||2:39.68|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||John Edison Ubaldo (ᜇ᜔ᜌᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜁᜇᜒᜐᜓ︀ᜈ᜔ ᜂᜊᜎ᜔ᜇᜓ︀)||31||33.67||Philippines||35||31||35|
|Pyraminx||Justin Andrew Dee||2.28||3.02||Philippines||2.28||2.92||5.10||3.05||3.08|
|Skewb||Ivan Keith Cariaga||1.86||4.61||Philippines||8.19||1.86||3.86||6.35||3.61|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Jaden Lim||13/19 1:00:00||Philippines||13/19 1:00:00|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 40 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||5:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:40.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:30.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:30.00|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|Pyraminx||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Skewb||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue SM San Mateo.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone Asia/Manila.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (June 01, 2019)
Schedule for Sunday (June 02, 2019)
This competition is lucky to be sponsored by MoYu - Cube Company. All podium finishers will be awarded with puzzles courtesy of MoYu.
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves|
FIRST TIME COMPETITORS
All newcomers are required to read WCA First-time Competitor Guide document to familiarize yoruself of the popular WCA regulations used to govern WCA competitions. Additionally, please watch this competitor tutorial by WCA Senior Delegate Kit Clement of the USA.
When you arrive at the competition venue, kindly follow the following steps:
1. Head to the registration table and sign on the competitor masterlist.
2. Get your Competitor Envelope which contains your Certificate of Participation, Event Schedule and grouping/officiating Team Assignment. You will be assigned to officiate at some point during the competition so be sure to take note of your assignement to avoid being disqualified. As per WCA Regulation 1e2, all competitors must be ready to officiate when called or assigned to. Declining such assginment merits disqualification at the discretion of the WCA Delegate.
3. Go inside the venue hall and wait for the competition to start.
1. Ride Bus to SM Fairview.
2. Alight at the Commonwelath Market.
3. Ride a jeep with sign board "San Mateo Maly".
4. Alight at SM City San Mateo.
From SM Fairview:
1. Ride a bus bound to Philcoa/Cubao.
2. Alight at Sandigan Bayan.
3. Cross the footbridge towards the market along Commonwealth Avenue - Northbound.
4. Ride a jeep with sign board "San Mateo Maly".
5. Alight at SM City San Mateo.
For the latest updates and announcements regarding the event, please visit the official facebook page of the Philippine Cubers Association.
You can also join the official facebook community group of PCA by clicking here.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.