Houston Fall 2022
- Nov 5, 2022
- Houston, Texas, United States
- Brockman Hall for Physics, Houston, TX 77005
Brockman Hall for Physics, BRK 101
- Eric Yang, Kevin Chang, and Ryan Wang
- WCA Delegates
- Chris Deng, RJ Gohn, Vincent Chen, and Zachary White
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition is supported by CubingUSA.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE VENUE.
- Please review the competitor information tab before the competition.
- Please review the other tabs for more information on the competition.
Please note that the schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 70 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Steven Chau won with an average of 8.73 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Tucker Chamberlain finished second (8.75) and Vincent Chen finished third (8.85).
|3x3x3 Cube||Steven Chau||7.64||8.73||United States||8.61||8.21||9.38||11.04||7.64|
|2x2x2 Cube||Tucker Chamberlain||1.78||2.69||United States||3.36||1.86||1.78||2.84||DNF|
|4x4x4 Cube||Zachary White||30.40||32.84||United States||30.61||38.87||33.07||34.85||30.40|
|5x5x5 Cube||Zachary White||1:00.22||1:03.64||United States||1:00.44||1:07.66||1:14.32||1:00.22||1:02.82|
|6x6x6 Cube||Zachary White||1:37.78||1:46.59||United States||1:56.08||1:45.90||1:37.78|
|7x7x7 Cube||Zachary White||2:23.63||2:30.14||United States||2:33.37||2:23.63||2:33.42|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 36 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 36 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:10.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:30.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:00.00|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Rice University.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (November 05, 2022)
The competition will be held in Brockman Hall for Physics, BRK 101.
The venue is practically adjacent to North Lot and very close to the North Annex Lot. Parking is $12 for the whole day on weekends for both lots.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED IN THE VENUE. You may eat outside the venue (where there are chairs and tables), at the nearby Rice Memorial Center (0.1 mile walk), or at Brochstein Pavilion (0.1 mile walk).
Here is a list of nearby food options:
- Little Kitchen, 0.1 mile walk from the venue. 9am - 5pm on Saturday. Menu is here
- Rice Village, 1 mile west of the venue, lots of food options here.
There are several hotels near Rice University, especially around the Houston Medical Center. Here are the closest hotels.
The venue is a 30 minute drive from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), and 20 minutes from the William P. Hobby Airport (HOU).
Group Sheet: sent to competitors via email
Live Results: https://live.worldcubeassociation.org/competitions/1669
- Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
- We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is starting, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
- To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
- Your delegates for this competition are Chris Deng, RJ Gohn, Vincent Chen and Zachary White. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
- Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction.
- Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
- Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
- In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors into subsequent rounds. After a round is completed it will be entered into WCA Live. Your name will be highlited if you are advancing to the next round.
- Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.