Hendersonville Winter 2019
- Jan 19 - 20, 2019
- Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
- 2301 Asheville Highway, Hendersonville, NC 28791
Family Life Center
- Dalton Padgett
- WCA Delegates
- Cady Shields, Jacob Ambrose, Joshua Feran, and Katie Hull
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
Clock Final will be held if time permits.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 120 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $15 (United States Dollar).
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 95% of your registration fee.
On the spot registrations will be accepted with a base registration fee of $15 (United States Dollar).
If you are registering at the competition, please adhere to the following:
1. Arrive 30 minutes before the event you wish to compete in in order to get fully registered.
2. See a Delegate to provide the following information: full name, country, birthdate, gender, and WCAID (if competed before). Identification may be asked for, so if possible, please have documentation like a passport ready.
3. You can pay by either bringing exact cash or through PayPal at the competition.
If you are having issues using Stripe payments, you can alternatively use PayPal. Please contact the organizers if you are experiencing issues.
Registrations must be accepted manually, so if you do not see your name on the competitor's list within a business day, then please contact the organizers to resolve the issue.
Registrations may be deferred due to:
- Incorrect date of birth
- Incorrect name
- Representing a foriegn contry and not providing documentation
In all of the above cases, the organizers will email you before accepting the registration to confirm the information provided.
After the competitor limit has been reached, you may still pay and be put on a waiting list. If you are first on the waitlist and someone cancels their registration, then you will receive an email from the organizers. You must reply to the email and confirm your registration within 24 hours of receiving the email to compete. If no response is heard from you, the next person on the waiting list will be offered your spot. After the competition, all competitors on the waiting list will recieve a refund for the registration cost minus tax.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
|3x3x3 Cube||Kieran Dizon||7.60||8.66||United States||8.45||9.67||7.99||9.53||7.60|
|6x6x6 Cube||Katie Hull||1:56.44||2:03.04||United States||2:08.82||2:03.86||1:56.44|
|7x7x7 Cube||Raymond Goslow||3:14.59||3:22.60||United States||3:14.59||3:21.00||3:32.21|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Joshua Feran||30||30.33||United States||30||31||30|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Zachary Ochs||11.27||15.08||United States||11.27||17.13||11.92||16.18||19.03|
|Clock||Silas Starling||5.04||6.32||United States||7.86||7.43||5.04||5.99||5.53|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Raymond Goslow||4:44.99||5:46.52||United States||5:40.58||4:44.99||6:53.99|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Kieran Dizon||28.04||30.99||United States||38.98||32.83||28.04||30.56||29.59|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|6x6x6 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|7x7x7 Cube||First round||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 7:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Mo3||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Ao5||5:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|Clock||First round||Ao5||1:00.00||Top 75% advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||40:00.00 cumulative *|
|3x3x3 With Feet||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00||Top 8 advance to next round|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue Hendersonville Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Adak.
Add to calendar
Schedule for Saturday (January 19, 2019)
Schedule for Sunday (January 20, 2019)
* Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for that event.
* We will use regulation 9p3) as much as we can. So if you do not arrive to compete by the time the event is ending, your spot may be given up the next competitor in the rankings.
* It would be wonderful if we could get some volunteer help from either the competitors or the parents. Judging is a super simple task and any staff member can teach anyone at any time. Judge for however long you'd feel like. It's an excellent way to make the time fly by!
* Your delegates for this competition is Jacob Ambrose, Katie Hull, Cady Shields, and Joshua Feran. Your oganizer is Dalton Padgett. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
* Please try to arrive early to watch the new competitor introduction at 10:05. If you won't be there on by then, then please ask a staff member whenever you arrive to give you a rundown of how the competing process will work.
* Additionally you can watch Kit Clement's WCA Competitor Tutorial video.
* Please be familiar with all of WCA's regulations, most importantly Article A. If you have any questions about the regulations, feel free to ask us.
* In each event we will have rounds. We will take the top competitors onto the subsequent rounds. After a round is completed results will be entered into CubeComps (linked above). Your name will be highlighted if you made it to the next round.
* Each round will be divided into groups to help them run more efficiently. We will call the groups in order, along with a last call during the last group. Please come bring your puzzle up and wait in the competitor waiting area when your group is called. We are allowed to deny you the ability to compete if you do not come up by the last call.
Hendersonville Seventh-Day Adventist Church
2301 Asheville Highway,
Hendersonville, NC 28791
Family Life Center
Plenty of free parking at the venue
There will be a concession stand open in the building selling pizza, drinks, and other food
Nearest hotels on exits 44 and 49 off I-26
Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.