Delhi Open 2017
- Feb 25 - 26, 2017
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016
Student Lounge, Level 3, Lecture Hall Complex
- Delhi Open 2017 website
- Organization team
- Akash Rupela, Capital Cubing, and Urvashi Gupta
- WCA Delegate
- Akash Rupela
Please visit Registration Instructions Tab for details on the registration procedure. For online registration, one must register in both places by 22nd February. On the spot registration is available only from 9 to 10 AM on 25th February without any exceptions.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Aryan Chhabra won with an average of 9.29 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Akash Rupela finished second (9.81) and Arnav Arora finished third (10.41).
|3x3x3 Cube||Aryan Chhabra||8.06||9.29||India||16.31||8.94||8.06||8.66||10.27|
|2x2x2 Cube||Arnav Arora||1.41||1.92||India||2.19||2.04||2.21||1.53||1.41|
|4x4x4 Cube||Aryan Chhabra||34.71||40.67||India||44.62||39.38||43.25||39.37||34.71|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Shivam Bansal||32.53||DNF||India||32.53||DNF||35.20|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Prakhar Gupta||35||India||35|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Arnav Arora||13.53||15.96||India||13.53||16.38||14.79||16.72||19.89|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Shivam Bansal||28/36 1:00:02||India||25/42 1:00:02||28/36 1:00:02|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Kriday Borwankar||1:01.88||1:14.58||India||1:33.36||1:01.88||1:08.50|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||10:00.00|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Bo1||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:00.00|
|Square-1||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:00.00|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo2||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
|3x3x3 With Feet||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 4:00.00|
- Register on the WCA Website. (LINK). Make an account if you do not have one.
- Register on this Google Form. (LINK).
- Your name should appear in list of registered competitors within 2 days. Please contact the organizers if your name does not appear.
- This closes at 23:59 IST on 22nd February. After that On the spot Registration will be available
On the Spot Registration
- On the spot registration will be available only between 9:00 and 10:00 A.M on 25th February. No exceptions will be allowed.
- Please visit competition website for accommodation provisions.
The final schedule is below
- You can take a Cab (Uber/Ola) to IIT Delhi.
- You can take metro to New Delhi Metro station and then metro to Hauz Khas station.
From Railway Station
- You can take metro from New Delhi Metro Station towards Qutub Minar/Huda City Center and get down at Hauz Khas station
From Hauz Khas Metro Station
- You can take an Auto Rickshaw to "IIT Main building" for 40 INR. Sound confident to not be overcharged.
- You can take a shared Grameen Seva Auto Rickshaw to IIT Delhi Main gate for 10 INR per head(fixed price) and then walk straight 500 metres to find the venue on left.
From IIT Delhi Main Gate
- Walk straight. Cross the first round about. You will notice visitors parking on the left, followed by Textile Department. Immediately after that, you will see State Bank of India and a big building of Lecture Hall Complex on the left. Get inside Lecture Hall Complex
- Take the lift to 3rd Level (Press 3). If taking Stairs, you have to climb 2 floors (because Level 3 = Second floor for unknown reasons)
- Find Student Lounge. (Room Number LH 313)
- You can park your 4 wheelers in the visitor parking (on the left immediately after first roundabout) and 2 wheelers in the scooter/cycle parking(on the same road outside Lecture Hall Complex).
- Please contact the organizers for any queries. Email
The heats for the event can be seen here . LINK
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.