[Cancelled] Cleburne Cubing Classic 2021
- Oct 16, 2021
- Cleburne, Texas, United States
- 1501 W. Henderson Cleburne, TX 76033
- Jae Park
- WCA Delegate
- Jae Park
- Download all the competition's details as PDF .
This competition will be following unique precautions to protect competitors and spectators against COVID-19. By registering, you automatically consent to COVID restrictions. Please check COVID Safety tab for further details.
If COVID cases rise, we may need to cancel this competition; competitors will be notified by email in that case.
Due to COVID-19 we are limiting 1 guest per competitor - if you are able to attend by yourself we recommend not having guests.
Due to COVID-19 we will not be accepting event changes during the competition - please request changes by Wednesday September 29th, 2021 7:00pm CDT.
Please note that this schedule is subject to change, as we may hold events slightly earlier or later than shown depending on whether the competition is running ahead of schedule or behind schedule.
This competition is recognized as an official World Cube Association competition. Therefore, all competitors should be familiar with the WCA regulations. If you are new to competing, you may want to look at CubingUSA's Competitor Tutorial.
- Main event
- Number of times bookmarked
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
Create a WCA account here if you don't have one.
If this is not your first competition, associate your WCA ID to your WCA account here.
Register for this competition here.
There is a competitor limit of 50 competitors.
The base registration fee for this competition is $30 (United States Dollar).
The registration fee has to be paid through Stripe here once registered.
If your registration is cancelled before you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee.
Registrants on the waiting list may be accepted onto the competitor list until .
If you are a registered competitor you may change your registered events until by contacting the organization team.
No on the spot registrations will be accepted.
The registration is $20.00 but $30.00 is to prevent no-show registration. The difference $10 (minus Stripe transaction fee) will be refunded to those who competed. Please expect 3~5 business days delay per Stripe transaction procedure & there will be no refund to no-shows.
Any requested changes to registration before registration closes will be honored. Your registration is not complete until your name shows up on the list. If you believe you paid and your name isn't showing up, please contact us so that we can assist you.
Competitors MUST register and pay online in order to compete.
Below are some of the policies that will be used for this competition.
- Registration is first come, first served based on the order of when payment is received.
- If you register and later realize you cannot make the event, you can request a 50% refund before registration closes.
- After registration closes, no refunds will be awarded.
- Competitors may request (by email) to be added to more events BEFORE registration closes.
- Competitors may not add events after registration closes.
- Competitors may request (by email) to remove events from their registration. It is also acceptable to not show up for any event you do not wish to compete in.
- If the competitor limit has been reached, the waitlist opens. You can enter the waitlist by registering and paying the fee. Competitors will be accepted from the waitlist in the order that they paid.
- Competitors who do not make it off of the waitlist before registration closes will receive a full refund shortly before the event.
- No more registrations will be accepted from the waitlist after registration closes.
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 16 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||6:00.00||2 attempts to get < 3:30.00|
|6x6x6 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||8:00.00||1 attempt to get < 5:00.00|
|7x7x7 Cube||Final||Bo1 / Mo3||10:00.00||1 attempt to get < 7:00.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||30:00.00 total for 3x3x3 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
|4x4x4 Blindfolded||Final||Bo3||30:00.00 total for 3x3x3 Blindfolded Final and 4x4x4 Blindfolded Final **|
You are viewing the schedule for the venue CLEBURNE CONFERENCE CENTER.
The schedule is displayed in the timezone America/Chicago.
Schedule for Saturday (October 16, 2021)
ALL COMPETITORS MUST READ THIS TAB BEFORE REGISTERING.
Before the competition, you will receive a card/nametag with personalized information detailing your events and what group you will be competing in for each event in an email. We will be relying on competitors to help by judging whenever they are not competing, especially with our small competition size. Judging is very easy, and is a great way to make time fly!
We will provide a judging and competitor tutorial at the beginning of the day, right before the start of 3x3, which will also overview our new procedures. This will allow anyone with questions about how to judge to be properly prepared when they are expected to help.
Due to ongoing circumstances, the organizing team is enforcing restrictions during the competition which will impact the running of the competition. Here are the most important changes.
- Competitors should not attend the competition if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19. If this occurs to you, the organizers will offer the competitor a full refund.
- The organizing team strongly recommends to recieve a COVID-19 vaccination before competing. This is not a requirement, but is encouraged. For information on, and finding vaccines near you, please use this website!
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times inside the pavilion, covering both nose and mouth. (No Exceptions)
- No food / drink will be allowed inside the venue during the competition.
- Only one guest per competitor will be allowed inside the venue.
- We encourage competitors to bring their own pen to the competition.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfection wipes will be widely avaliable for use at the competitor's pleasure. Organizers will encourage throughout the day to utilize these items.
- The competition will be using a fixed seating system, rather than a standard waiting area. This means when you compete, you will complete all of your attempts in one sitting with the same judge. instead of being called to a different station for each attempt. You will submit your cube at your station, rather than at a designated table. The venue is arranged where there will be one competitor at each table, rather than 2.
- After every attempt, rather than the judge putting the puzzle in the cover, the competitor is asked to put the cube into the cover at the end of the attempt. The judge will only put in the scorecard.
- After you finish competing, you or your judge will disinfect the station with a disinfection wipe.
- Officials and staff will be following special procedures to continue to lower chance of transmission of COVID-19, such as utilizing sanitizer frequently and distancing.
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE.
For those of you new to cubing, WELCOME!
We wanted to let you know this event is perfectly fine for cubers of any age and experience. We just ask you know a couple things before coming to compete...
First, please be familiar with the WCA Regulations, found here:
We have a video made specifically for new cubers, just to show them the basics of competing. This video will explain most of what any cuber competing for the first time will need to know.
If you have any questions after this video, we will be having a new competitor tutorial, Saturday morning of the competition. That would be the perfect time to ask those questions and clear up any confusion.
If you are stoked to compete and ready to sign up, head over to the registration tab, click register, and fill out the information it asks for. This will help you get set up the WCA's system and one step closer to your first official solve!
Q: Do I use my own cube to compete?
A: YES! You are responsible for your own hardware in order to compete.
Q: What is the normal age of competitors at these events?
A: All ages are welcome, but in general competitors are between 10 and 20 years old. Don't let this stop you though, everyone can and should cube!
Q: What is the competition like?
A; Competitions are a bunch of tables where nerds like us get to sit and discuss our favorite thing, Cubes! Of course in addition there is competing, which will occupy one side of the competition hall, where you will see lots of timers flickering with contestants new personal bests, and a vendor, where you can purchase all you cubing related needs. Most competitions have a break for lunch, and the competing is split up into heats, as to better organize who competes when. (Check the Groups tab and listen at the competition for more info on this.)
Q: How do I find results?
A: All results are posted on the WCA page a couple of days after the competition finishes. However, for the day of competing, go to WCA Live to find information about current events. This is also where you will find information about 2nd and 3rd rounds of events.
Q: Why am I not on the registration list yet?
A: Make sure you pay you entrance fee in order to be automatically placed on the registered list, which will also guarantee you a spot in the competition. If payment may be any issue, or you are not sure if you can attend, use the contact button to talk to us, and see if we can work out another payment strategy, or have you pay on arrival at the competition. No matter what you situation may be however, please register online. It is much easier for us to have you register now and pay later, then to have to input information at another time.
Q: Are there age divisions?
A: Nope! All competitors compete in the same group.
Q: Can I have fun at this event?
A: HECK YES! Cubing is amazing, and we sincerely hope you enjoy the competition!
(Links will be updated closer to the competition)
Please try to arrive at least 30 minutes early for the events you are competing in to ensure that you are on time for your events
We will use regulation 9p3 as much as we can, so if you do not arrive to compete by the event is ending your spot may be given up to the next competitor in the rankings.
Your delegate for this competition is Jae Park. Ask them if you have any questions throughout the day!
To keep the competition running on time and to ensure we can keep all events we will be requiring competitors to also judge. Pay attention to the group assignment sheet - If you are in the first group of an event you will then judge the second group, if in the second group you will judge the third group and so on - if you are in the last group you will judge the first group. This is essential to keep the events on schedule. We also invite any parents or guests to also help to judge - thank you for your support. Please arrive to attend the New Competitor & Judges tutorial.
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.