CMI Tessellate Cube Open 2018
- Feb 3 - 4, 2018
- Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, India
- H1, Sipcot It Park, Siruseri 603103
- Organization team
- WCA Delegate
- Hari Anirudh
Online registrations will be done on WCA with payment at the given link. This is the only acceptable form of online registration. Registration is Free for all CMI students. Please mention your ID number in the comments while registering as proof.
There will be NO On-Spot Registration at the venue. You must have a WCA ID (except new competitors) and a valid email. Please check the Payment Tab for all details.
Reporting Desk shall be open 8:00-8:30am for 3x3x3Blindfold and FMC and 8:30-9:00am for other events. Those not arriving on time may not be allowed to do their solves.
Please bring govt./employer/educational photo ID card for institutional documentation.
Lunch coupons can be purchased at Reporting Desk.
- Main event
- Registration period
Online registration opened and closed .
- Registration requirements
This competition is over, click here to display the registration requirements it used.
Click here to display the highlights of the competition.
Vijay Kishore won with an average of 10.53 seconds in the 3x3x3 Cube event. Sripad Sarma Katrapati finished second (10.58) and Arjun Paranthaman finished third (12.03).
|3x3x3 Cube||Vijay Kishore||7.07||10.53||India||12.27||10.25||7.07||9.07||DNF|
|2x2x2 Cube||Baibhab Patra||3.00||4.28||India||3.00||3.62||4.44||4.85||4.79|
|4x4x4 Cube||Baibhab Patra||40.95||45.96||India||46.60||44.41||46.87||40.95||51.30|
|5x5x5 Cube||Pritesh Lunkad||1:27.82||1:33.79||India||1:39.24||1:45.63||1:27.82||1:32.22||1:29.90|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||Hari Anirudh||40.74||DNF||India||40.74||DNF||DNF|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Hari Anirudh||36||India||36|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||Sripad Sarma Katrapati||12.66||13.15||India||13.45||12.84||13.16||14.72||12.66|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Mayur Ukey||11/16 1:00:00||India||11/16 1:00:00|
|3x3x3 Cube||First round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 30 advance to next round|
|Second round||Ao5||10:00.00||Top 12 advance to next round|
|2x2x2 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||10:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|4x4x4 Cube||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||4:00.00||2 attempts to get < 1:30.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|5x5x5 Cube||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||8:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|3x3x3 Blindfolded||First round||Bo3||25:00.00 cumulative *||Top 75% advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Fewest Moves||Final||Bo1||1 hour|
|3x3x3 One-Handed||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:30.00||2 attempts to get < 45.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|Megaminx||Final||Bo2 / Ao5||8:00.00||2 attempts to get < 2:30.00|
|Pyraminx||First round||Bo2 / Ao5||1:00.00||2 attempts to get < 20.00||Top 10 advance to next round|
|3x3x3 Multi-Blind||Final||Bo1||10:00.00 per cube, up to 60:00.00|
1) The Schedule and the Cutoffs/Timelimits are subject to change at the discretion of the WCA Delegate after public notification
2) In events with Avg of 5 format, any of the first two solves should be below the cutoff time for the competitor to get all five solves otherwise the competitor gets only 2 solves. In case of Mean of 3 format the first solve should be below the cutoff time.
3) After the time limit is crossed, the attempt is stopped and is awarded “DNF” [Did Not Finish].
4) 3x3 Blindfolded and FMC participants must reach the venue at 8:00 A.M. on the respective days, otherwise they may not be allowed to do their solves.
5) If you have your event only on Day2, it is not necessary to report on Day1.
|20 seconds||1 minute||Pyraminx|
|45 seconds||1:30||3x3 One Handed|
|20 seconds||10 minutes||2x2x2|
|-||25 minutes(cumulative for 3 attempts)||3x3 BLD|
DAY 1(3rd Feb)
|08:30-09:15||3x3x3 BLD||Round 1|
DAY 2(4th Feb)
|09:30-10:30||3x3x3 OH||Round 1|
Fee Structure: (FREE only for CMI students)
ONLINE PAYMENT STRUCTURE
250 for upto 4 events and +50 for any successive event.
Minimum Amount: 250 , Maximum Amount: 550 (per ticket)
1 Event = 250
2 Events = 250
3 Events = 250
4 Events = 250
5 Events = 300
6 Events = 350
7 Events = 400
8 Events = 450
9 Events = 500
10 Events = 550
A) Pay the registration fees:
Please do the payment of each participant separately.
B) Register on WCA:
1) It is mandatory to pay the registration fees and also register on WCA to complete the full registration process.
2) It may take a day or 2 for your name to reflect on competitors list on WCA.
4) Online registrations end on 31st Jan 2018 at 11:59pm IST.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Campus is located within SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri, opposite the SIPCOT TCS Building.
Instructions to reach CMI are available on the CMI website.
Suggested buses from Madhya Kailash bus stop near IIT Madras : 570 to SIPCOT IT Park Gate / 570S to TCS 2nd gate inside SIPCOT.
If you reach the time limit during your solve, the judge will stop you and your result will be DNF (see Regulation A1a4).
A cumulative time limit may be enforced (see Regulation A1a2).
The result to beat to proceed to the second phase of a cutoff round (see Regulation 9g).
The format describes how to determine the ranking of competitors based on their results. The list of allowed formats per event is described in Regulation 9b. See Regulation 9f for a description of each format.